Congradulations! You are a wonderful parent. The fact that you are looking at this page on this web site sets you apart as a caring parent who in interested in the musical development of your son or daughter. Yes, private instruction is expensive and time consuming but by investing in your child's musical education, you are providing a positive influence which has the potential many different benefits.
1. Through this experience, your child may experience the self-confidence that it takes to walk upon a stage by him/her self and play a song by memory in a recital in front of 200 people.
2. It is possible that your child may someday put himself/herself through college on a music scholarship, accompanying a choir.
3. Your child may find a unique form of personal creativity and through the yearly experience of composing his own music for the Composition Recital, he may be inspired to write an awesome song just for you.
4. Your child may find a meaningful avenue for personal worship through his/her music which may strengthen his/her faith.
5. Your child may learn that certain songs which he/she loves can become just like an "old friend" --- always there, ready to provide comfort in times of sorrow or perhaps even an expression of joy.
6. In later life, your child may choose for him/herself a career in music.
There are many other possible applications for music which your son or daughter may discover, but the point is that we don't really know what may become of our child's music lessons. What we do know is that as parents, we should do our best to provide constructive learning activities for our childeren and that is all that any parent can do. The rest is the where the adventure begins.